With over 75 years of combined experience in the Capital Markets, Deniad is well positioned to help investors identify alternative investments which meet the investor's specified criteria. From deep insight into the needs of both investors and fund managers, we understand how to align investment managers' goals with investors' long-term interests.
Deniad provides consulting services for alternative investment managers who seek to improve the effectiveness of their fund marketing efforts. Deniad’s process focuses on enhancing and extending the manager’s marketing capabilities and assuring that the fund’s business infrastructure is ready to accept additional newly-raised capital.
Deniad offers guidance to companies seeking growth capital. Deniad’s process focuses assuring that the entrepreneur and their venture are prepared to optimally use additional capital. We have provided guidance to a broad range of startups and early-stage companies, ranging from medical devices and social media to "green" energy and sustainable agriculture.
Deniad's principals have been successful in identifying and profiting from new trends in alternative investments, for example, equity derivatives in the early 1990s and hedge funds in the early 2000s. We can help investors identify and take advantage of emerging trends and opportunities in alternative investments.
For investors, Deniad provides, among other services:
- personalized advisory services for institutional investors, including
- consultation with investors to refine investment requirements
- selection of individual hedge funds and funds of funds
- selection of complete portfolios of funds
- pre-investment due diligence on fund managers
- insight into current trends in the alternative investment space
- customized structured products for institutional investors
Deniad brings investors from our global network together with managers in a comprehensive manner that does not focus on maximizing the number of clients we serve. Our approach is measured and focused on achieving an optimal and mutually beneficial relationship through close collaboration with our clients.
For managers of Hedge Funds, Deniad provides, among other services:
- Insight into investors' objectives and requirements, ensuring alignment of expectations between fund managers and investors
- Expertise in consultation with hedge fund managers to help enhance funds' business infrastructure, investor relations, and risk management
- Knowledge and skills required to improve factors that can affect the marketability of the fund, including
- Organizational structure
- Business infrastructure (e.g. Master-Feeder)
- Fee structures
- Risk management
- Management of business growth projects
- Refining marketing materials
- Service provider relationships (e.g. Banking and Prime Brokerage)
- Securities lending relationships
- Negotiation of committed facilities agreements and ISDAs
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Client relations services, including
- Providing the first point of contact for investor inquiries
- Qualifying and vetting investors
- Creating due diligence questionnaires and monthly reports
- Organizing quarterly investor conference calls for managers
For management teams of startups and early-to mid-stage companies, Deniad's principals offer their experience as entrepreneurs and deep knowledge of investment and technology trends gained over several business cycles. Deniad prepares management teams for the process of seeking capital from institutional investors, and provides access to investors who understand and actively seek to make strategic investments in the leading companies of the future.
Andrew is Deniad's Founder and Chief Executive Officer. He is primarily responsible for executive management, overall strategic direction and business development of the firm. Prior to forming Deniad, Andrew was Chief Operating Officer and a principal of Alexandra Investment Management, a multi-strategy hedge fund based in New York, where he was the lead executive responsible for Business Development and Marketing. At Alexandra, Andrew successfully increased assets under management from $120 million to nearly $2 billion in two years and expanded all of the fund’s business lines globally. Prior to joining the fund, Andrew was head of Equity Derivative Sales and Marketing at KBC Financial Products in New York. Prior to his tenure at KBCFP, Andrew was Head of Equity Derivative Sales and Marketing at Société Générale in New York. A pioneer in structured derivative products for hedge funds (both single-manager and multi-manager), Andrew has been a keynote speaker at Alternative Investments and Derivatives conferences worldwide. Andrew holds current Series 65, 7, 24 and 63 securities licenses and has held Series 4, 8, 9 and 10 licenses in the past.
Anthony is Deniad's Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, responsible for managing our operations. Prior to joining Deniad, Anthony served as Mergers and Acquisitions manager in the Finance area of Agere Systems (formerly Lucent), a micro-electronics semiconductor manufacturer in Orlando, Florida. In that role, he managed acquisitions of companies and patents and helped establish Agere's new financial management infrastructure. Prior to Agere, Anthony was a founding member of Société Générale's Options and Derivatives Group in New York and was instrumental in establishing the Bank’s presence in the US markets. In that role, Anthony was the executive responsible for all US Operations and Administration. He later served as VP of Operations and Administration in the Capital Markets division of SGUSA. Before joining SG, Anthony had a successful career at J. Aron and Company and at Goldman Sachs in New York, rising to VP of Operations for Foreign Exchange and Commodities. Anthony holds a BA from Richmond College in New York and holds current Series 7, 24, 28, 63 and 99 securities licenses.
Thomas is a member of of Deniad & Company LLC and has served as Deniad's President, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Compliance Officer in the past. In those roles, Thomas was responsible for managing consulting projects, developing investment strategies, performing quantitative analyses for Deniad's clients and assuring compliance with all relevant regulations. He also created and now manages Deniad's technology infrastructure. In 2007, Thomas established Kaieteur Investments LLC, a FINRA-registered Broker-Dealer which was a sister company to Deniad, and was Kaieteur's Executive Representative to FINRA. Prior to Deniad, Thomas operated the technology strategy consulting firm T. C. Williams Associates, where he provided strategic and operational analyses and project management expertise to non-profit organizations. Previously, at Merrill Lynch, Thomas was responsible for developing corporate Risk Management technology architectures to support global initiatives in the Investment Banking and Trading areas. Earlier, at Société Générale in New York, Thomas, as VP of Information Systems, created and led application development teams responsible for mission-critical applications and systems architectures in the bank's Equity Derivatives, Investment Banking, Risk Management/Compliance and inter-bank Payments business areas, among others. Thomas has been a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) charterholder since 2006. He holds a Master of Science in Finance from the MIT Sloan School of Management and a BA from Harvard University. Thomas also holds current Series 65, 7, 24, 27 and 63 securities licenses.
- FRA, LLC - "Hedge Funds A - Z" (January 2009) - Panelist
- FRA, LLC - "Hedge Funds 101 & 102" (June 2008) - Panelist
- FRA, LLC - "Hedge Funds Styles & Strategies", (September 2007) - Panelist
- Hedge Funds World Japan (December 2005) - Panelist, "Understanding the governance, transparency and limitations of hedge fund pricing and valuation practices"
- Funds World China 2005 - Panelist, "Investment products: What's hot, what's not and are Chinese institutional investors ready for them?"
- Fund of Funds World Asia 2004 - Keynote Address, "Evolution of the hedge fund business and the emergence of larger funds in the multi-strategy space"
- Global Derivatives and Risk Management 2004 - Presentation, "Identifying Optimal Strategies For Hedging Credit In A Volatility Driven Convertible Arbitrage Space"
- Hedge Funds World Japan 2003 - Presentation, "Timing entry into convertible arbitrage: How prudent is it?"
- "A Safer Ride: A Hedge Fund Manager Explains the Meaning of 'Market Neutral' ", Investment Advisor magazine, March 2004.
- "Brave the World of Hedge Fund Investing", HCPLive, September 2008 (originally published in Physician's Money Digest in 2003).
- Contributor to Section IV, "An Overview of Hedge Funds", in "Hedge Fund Risk Transparency" by Leslie Rahl, Risk Books, 2003.